What are Rich Pins? From Pinterest:
Rich Pins are Pins that include extra information right on the Pin itself. There are 6 types of Rich Pins: app, movie, recipe, article, product and place. Read More from Pinterest here.
How to Enable Pinterest Rich Pins With Genesis
I’m going to keep this straight and to the point. You need to enable Rich Pins. This is how to do it.
1. Open your Pinterest profile
2. Click on the gear at the top of your profile and select “settings”
3. Scroll down until you see “confirm website”, enter your url and click “confirm website”
4. Copy the meta tag that pops up
5. In your WordPress dashboard click on Genesis > Theme Settings
6. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and paste the code in the “Header Scripts” box and click save
Note: You can also paste the meta tag from pinterest into the pinterest verification field under SEO > Social > Pinterest Tab. I chose to use the header scripts box on the genesis theme settings page for this tutorial to show you that anytime you’re given instructions to paste something into the header of each page of your site, this is where to do it.
Now that your site is validated we can enable rich pins.
7. Install and activate the Yoast SEO plugin
8. Click on the SEO menu towards the bottom of your left hand menu in your WordPress dashboard, then select the facebook tab
9. Click “Enable”
10. Take a few minutes and fill out the fields below, including adding a default image to appear on facebook when your site links are shared.
11. Click here to validate your site and apply for Rich Pins.
(link will open in a new tab)
12. Enter your URL and click “validate” then select “HTML” when given the option to choose.
And that’s How to Enable Pinterest Rich Pins With Genesis. Easy Peasy. You’ll receive an email from Pinterest letting you know your Rich Pin Application has been approved.